Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all!!!
Well we are 99.7% sure that we are starting our next adoption to bring our little girl home from China!!! :D (the .03% is my dh not sure about the money issues ;) I am just so excited I could cry!
I am starting to gather paper...even before signing the agency contract (we are still waiting on the info packet, LOL).
One of the things mentioned was the "Certified copy of passports".
This may be a dumb question but how do you get a certified copy of a passport? A notary, I am assuming?
Thanks in advance, and so glad to be starting!!!! Yipeee!!!!
Advertisements
I'm not sure this is necessary.
My dossier prep list says, "A copy of the page of your passport with your photo and passport number; notary not required."
Congrats!
Korrie
Our agency gave specific instructions that we provide three (3) copies of the picture page and signature page of each parent's passports. They advised that this was needed from BOTH parents, even if only one parent is traveling to China. Also, they specifically instructed that the passport copies should NOT be notarized, certified or authenticated.
Hope this helps!
Sharon
DTC 2/11/05
LID 2/23/05
Out passport pictures had to be notarized as authenticate copies of the originals and were certified with our state. I guess it just depends on your agency.
Julie
lid 2/23/05
Advertisements
I'll go through the rules and procedures that govern the process to certified a copy of your passport for use abroad. The authentication process of a passport copy differentiates depending on different factors such as the destination country, the validity period of your passport, and the state where the passport was issued. It may seem like a complicated process, but I will guide you step by step and provide you with all the information that you might need to finish authenticating your passport in a timely fashion, with the lowest available price...:happydance:
[URL="https://copyofmypasssport.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/the-guide-to-certified-copy-of-your-passport/"]copyofmypasssport.wordpress.com[/URL]