Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Over the the past 46 years my adoptive Mother has physically and emotionally abused me. This is very very hard for me to admit. I have been to a counselor last year to deal with these issues. The therapist told me to cut ties with my adoptive Mother but I went against this advice and tried one more time with absolutely horrific results. My adopted Father was a wonderful man who past away in 1990. I miss him terribly.
Has anyone else had problems with adopted parents? I'm feeling quite alone on this and wonder if anyone has any advice. I am devasted.
Oh yes, Lies, emotional abuse, sexual abuse by (also adopted) brothers - the only help I got when I mentioned the lads, was a shout upstairs "You lads, stay out of the girls bedroom!" That was all. I was also tortured, (yes I do think that's the right word) when I was younger than 7. Tied by string around my ankles and wrists to a bed, when an older 'brother' was left babysitting while they went shopping. Socks stuffed in my mouth so I couldn't make a noise and tickled and tickled and tickled!!! The 'parents' didn't even notice I had red notches on my wrists where the string had dug in. Lied about my birthday saying it was the day they got me. We called each other by our biological surnames if we fell out, not normal idiot, fatty, or ugly etc - by our surnames!! I was called Reynolds when someone fell out with me. I can vaguely remember them telling me, so I must have asked why I was called Reynolds. Horrible, horrible house. Not a home, not a family, not normal. I was adopted at 2 years old, but had been with them longer and they moved away when I was 18, I wouldn't go with them. I didn't even think of running away and no one except the 'parents' and the 'brothers' knew what had been going on. The parents were approx 60 when I was adopted and they adopted another after me as there's a 'sister' 4 years younger. A witness to one of the older 'brothers' next to (arm and hand inside) my bed!! There was no extended family and I was alone... and relieved to be alone... My life has been and still is being affected, I am now 61! I just wish there was a group of us that could meet up, won't be alone then.......