Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Peggy
My agency requested you stay within the state for the first year, and then would look in bordering states. If you wanted to look throughout the US, you can work directly with your state social services, and contact other state social services on your own. It is a lot more work. Also when working with other states, the children presented are often (not always) the more hard to place children.
I guess i just think its a shame that a child would have to wait a year for a family, just because he is in another state. It shouldnt matter *where* the child is located, if the child and family are an appropriate match.
I was told by my potential agency that i *could not* use the homestudy for a child in another state unless i paid for it. That just doesnt seem right to me. Esp. since a child living in, say, Ohio could live physically closer to me than some children living in Michigan (my own state)...i know i will probably find a good match here in my own state, but there are a couple of kids on other photolistings that i would at least like the *option* of inquiring about.
Katherine