Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I can understand the route you want to take. After our second failed adoption (in 6 weeks), I told our agency that we weren't much interested in any situation until papers had been signed by bparents and the waiting time was over. It is so gut wrenching!! Now that we're several weeks passed the most recent failed adoption, things seem a little better, but we still feel pretty much the same. We've waited so long to add to our family, and open adoption has been a disappointment so far. We have felt completely at the mercy of everyone, including our agency. The last time when they called us, they wanted us in North Carolina THAT NIGHT! (The call came at close to 2 P.M , my husband works an hour away, and we have a son we had to make arrangements for.) (Oh, we live in Indiana) We are not rich people, but we feel like various people in this process think we have a bottomless pocket and a magic transporter that gets us places in seconds. It's Crazy!! And, at this point, we cannot get any money back from our agency, so we are stuck. So, I keep hope that things will work out- and I hope that's the case for you, too.
I'm happy you posted your true feelings, because that's the only way you are going to heal. No one has a right to tell you what to feel and what to think! Grief and anger are unfortunate components of this process. I hope you find the strength to make the decisions that are best for you. Good luck and best wishes.
mom2samuel
one son-adopted from Guatemala (born 7/01, home 12/01)
signed with agency 3/04
letter "in the book" 8/04
"waiting' almost 2 yrs.