Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I know this post is years old, but I just had the same experience, but with a 15 y/o boy. We had him for about 6months. In that time, he physically assaulted my husband and I multiple times, tried to crash my car while I was driving (and punched me in the face while driving), stole money from us and threatened us on a daily basis. I never wanted to give upon him and I never ever thought we would have a disrupted placement. I believed that stability and love would help him make better choices. My husband reached his breaking point, though, and asked for him to be removed. I was devastated and angry at my husband. Though I don't believe anyone blamed us (our caseworker even said she would have had him removed a lot sooner if he were in her home), I blamed myself. I still do.
While I don't really have any advice for how to moveon, as I have not been able to myself, I just know how you feel. And I know that many people did not understand my sadness or my desire to give him another chance. I have felt very alone. If you have felt that way, too, I am sorry.
I hope you have been able to move on and feel better.