Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am an adoptee, and my adoptive parents adopted me through an attorney who passed away a whille back, i contacted his wife and she would not give me any information and she had the entire file with everything!! :(
I was talking to my adoptive family about a few things about 8 years ago, before my son was born and they wouldnt tell me much of anything but non id information: age, background, origin, no medical history....
i know what hospital i was born in, the dr who delivered me. recently i registered with NY state adoption registry
I have been looking for quite some time and have turned up with nothing. after my son was born my adoptive mother came to me and said she remembers seeing the last name on the birth ertificate
baby boy fischer or fisher, she did'nt know how it was spelled.
But! she said before long time ago she didnt know, then all of a sudden she pops this name up.
My adoptive mother used to be a social worker, and she quit after i was born and adopted me. i think she might of gotten me through her work with her being in social services ( case worker ), my birth mother was 16 and my birth dad was 21 or 22 years of age, my adoptive dad said something about them maybe being from romulus,ny
back then she may have been in a materinty home, I was born in geneva general hospital, back then everyone knew everyone in the town, she was traveling to geneva to get her medical care. does anyone know about any maternity home or place women went to have there babies back in the 1978 either geneva ny or romulus ny?
she gave me up because the age of my mother, i have checked everything and everywhere and i have yet to get a name or anywhere :(
I checked schools in that area with the last name and nothing......
now my question is this, i asked my adoptive parents and they said they dont know any more information and dont know who my real birthmother or family is
i think they are lying so bad, i was privatly adopted with an attorney, didnt the birthfamily and adoptive family meet or somewhere down the road before i was born exchange words???
I think my adotive mother came across me through knowing my birth mother was pregnant with me at a such a young age and asked to adopt me, reason for this is because back then if i remember right, another adoptee told me back then a social worker could not adopt through the system unless they gave up there job or something like that.....
well right after i was born she quit her job
so the main question, sorry for ranting :(
do you think my adoptive parents really know and just not telling me???
I did some research of Fisher/Fischer in Romulus. There were some that seemed to be the right age for an adoption. I've included the information that I found in the last hour for you. I'm willing to continue searching, but have no idea if your adoptive parents lied to you.
1974- Alberta A. Fischer, seneca falls, joined women in air force. she attended Romulus school.
1972- "dora fisher" worked in romulus central school cafeteria. in 1971 she worked in the romulus hotel.
1982- Linda A. Fischer, graduated from Alfred State with honors. Her parents were mr and mrs. john r. fischer of elliot acres, Romulus *
1974- ron fisher lived on rt. 96 geneva romulus road.
1968- mr and mrs. dever fisher- family bbq on fisher road. 7 sons: duane (rochester), gerald (married with daughte ramy), kenneth fisher (married daughter shelly, son brian), arlo fisher (married, son edward, wife anita from phillipines, arlo was in air force), glenn fisher, william fisher (both from phelps), and bruce (suny alfred). mil- mrs. hettie o. steele, grandmother mrs. hilda rickard (rt. 14).
1978- Linda fisher, 16, unknown address, in car accident in geneva with robert j. demitchell, 26, romulus.
1981- miss kathryn mary fisher m. seaman storekeeper raymond v. cahoon from seneca army depot. her parents were master sargeant and mrs. john r. fischer, sr. from the seneca army depot, maid of honor: sister, linda a. fisher. miss Kathryn fischer was a 1977 graduate of Romulus and is entering FLCC (ccfl at that time) for nursing.
I kept looking for another hour or so and found the following information:
- based on your information Linda A. would be the correct age to be your mother. She is now married to a Frederick Farnum and lives in north chili an internet search probably would provide contact information.
Kathryn lives in Ovid. Their mother, Gertrude is still alive in Phelps. John passed away in 2004.
I'm not sure if Linda is your mom or if she even had a child at 16 but it would seem with her father being a master sargeant they'd have the money to have had a private adoption. I also noticed a case worker in rochester named farnum (maybe a relation to Linda's future husband).
Hope this helps but I'll continue to help if you'd like.... maybe you have some other information to go by.