Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
There can be predjudice against the large family looking to adopt, but there are also alot of avenues to adopt. If one doesn't work, try another! I believe that if there is a strong desire to adopt, God will open the right doors to make the desire a reality.
We have 2 bios, and have adopted six babies within a three year span. We have adopted internationally, as well as domestically. Our homestudy sw thinks we are crazy, and isn't completely sold on large families. Still, she gladly does our paperwork, while encouraging and supporting us! Most of our adoptions were because we were called by an agency, or someone, who heard about our family. We still receive calls with opportunities to adopt. For the past year, I have passed these situations on to others and have enjoyed watching their families grow. When it is God's time for us to grow our family, we will begin the process again.
There are legal limits, but there are also waivers both for fostercare and international adoption. I guess it really depends on the state you reside in.