Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Ad Litem
InBlindFaith
My ex doesn't want to pay child support either and he doesn't want to sign the TPR...which is why mine is going to be on that extreme side.
We are using an Attorney for all of this (for obvious reasons) and I think we can be proactive in choosing an Ad Litem.
What county are you in? I wonder if the Home Study is required in Collin County...hmmm. I really don't want to stress myself out over a Home Study!!
yeah, yours is on the extreme side! My ex actually refused to sign the TPR last year, but since the Attorney General has been hassling him about paying child support all the time, and they told him they will take away his income tax refund this year, he's getting frustrated & doesn't want to deal with losing his drivers license, going to jail, losing tax refund & all that, so he's practically begging me to let him sign!! Yay!
I really didn't want to pay an attorney (can't afford it) for any of this b/c it's just such an easy case now, but now they say Ad Litem is required....don't know how much that will cost!?!?!?
I bet that Collin County won't require a home study. Texas law doesn't require it, and I know my county doesn't (I'm in Smith county). I know that Denton county doesn't b/c I know a girl that did the adoption there without having to do the home study. You could call you district clerk & ask, that's what I did. I heard that the HS is pretty painless though, if you do have to go through one.....just a pain :) Your attorney would know too I guess.