Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Ad Litem
InBlindFaith
The AG's office was putting pressure on him and he didn't care. So we took over the enforcement from them (he hasn't made a payment in over a year). I'm standing my ground and I won't back down, so we are taking this step by step.
I just had all of my stuff transferred from Denton County last year. I'm wondering now if my Attorney is the one who wants the Home Study done so there will be no questions. We want this to be done all nice and neat so he can not come back years later and have it over turned.
I know I will worry about my house being "clean enough" when the Homestudy happens. LOL!! Guess I need to get a ladder and clean on top of the doors.
My attorney told us at the end of the year we will be able to turn this in on our taxes for the adoption tax credit. We needed to talk to our CPA about it. The termination part we can't write off, but we can the adoption part.
I have had problems with the AG also, but I call them & bug the heck out of them like once a week! It really keeps them going I think. I notice that things seem to move faster as long as I keep calling. He hasn't made a payment in almost 10 months, and now they are threatening to put him on probation & have ordered to take his tax refund. They would order to garnish his wages, but he's either working "under the table" or they just can't find his place of employment yet. I figure it's the 1st of those 2.
It may be the attorney that's requesting the HS. The girl that did her SP adoption in Denton county, said it was so easy, that no attorney was needed. Of course, the bio-dad didn't put up a fight on hers either.
I don't think that they will be looking for a spotless house. They will just come to ask you TONS of questions! And you have to figure, considering some of the home's they have to go to, yours will look GREAT! :) I know they see some real slums when they go out to do studies on people that are trying to keep their kids, but don't provide a good home for em, ya know?
Wow, I didn't know about getting to use the adoption tax credit!! That would be great!