Advertisements
Advertisements
I always try to select the ping back function on Fridays when I'm doing my Fresh Outlook Friday post and am specifically linking blog entries. (Uhm, boost readership and give the writer of the post a good self-esteem boost for their efforts at blogging.)
Gah, errors all over the place:
Processing:
Connect to server at: mamagigi.wordpress.com
Pingback server found from X-Pingback header:
Page Linked To:
Page Linked From:
Pinging mamagigi.wordpress.com...
Remote error: The source URL does not contain a link to the target URL, and so cannot be used as a source. (17)
That's the error I got. And it took a good four to five minutes to even come up with the error. In fact, it's done this before but still left a pingback but this time, it didn't even leave the ping. (And the post is open to pings because it's been pinged by another blogger.)
In short, it needs looked at. :)
Advertisements
Even if I don't specifically click on pingbacks, when I publish my posts and it pings sites such as technorati, I always get this exact same message for these two:
Pinging Weblogs.com...
Remote error: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable) (5)
Done.
Pinging Blo.gs...
Remote error: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed) (5)
Done.
Is it just my blog or do others get the same msg?
thx,
I get the same message too after I post, thought I was the only one, but now I know there is at least one more out there having the same issue!