Advertisements
Advertisements
Does the whole adoption.com system go down each night at around 2 a.m. mountain time for updates or something? Yes, I admit that I am often up blogging at that time since the kiddos are fast asleep! :)
If I am not finished by 2 a.m., almost without fail if I try to click on anything at all on the site I will get a msg saying something like msql and that there are too many logged in, etc. (Sorry I don't have the exact example as it isn't 2 a.m. yet and I hope to be in bed asleep tonight before then!)
ok, enough questions out of me tonight!
thx,
To the best of my knowledge, system-wide backups are run around that time and there's a slowdown - sometimes REALLY slow. We've been working with our techs on this... but I don't think you should be getting error messages like that. The next time you get one, paste it into an email and send it to me.
Advertisements
I get that message often.
Also noticing that this forum is acting funny ... not showing unread mail, for example, and taking a very long time to load.
The site does go all but totally down during our nightly backups - it will translate into the MySQL Connection error message - as each connection is so slow, its taking a long time, thus resulting in multiple connections/time outs/disconnections.
We do have to run our backup nightly - and while we are trying to work out a system that will allow our users more access during back up times - its not uncommon for sites to be taken totally down for nightly backups, especially sites of this size.
As for the forums problem - Sandra, I haven't had any issues or had any reports of issues on Forums at all - can you be more specific regarding the difficulties you're having?
You said you aren't seeing unread mail - do you mean posts? When you said you don't see them, what are you seeing?
Also, you indicated that it's slow - are you talking about now or during the backups at night?
The backups are site wide - so everything on our network is going to be slow/down during our nightly backups.
If you can give me some more information, specifically, about your forums issues - I can look into them - I know the blog team is working on a solution which would allow some access during our backups - however reliable that will be.
In response to the messages posted here and some other indicators - we've created a team to address the system downtime each night.
I stayed up all night last night to view the site as it runs over night - what I saw was 1 - 1.5 hours of down time - which is NOT ok!
I wanted to update you guys and let you know we're working on it! Hang in here if you would - we'll have these matters resolved soon, I hope!
I think we've identified the problem - we've turned off a 'potential issue' and will see if we have the problem tonight.
Hopefully, this issue will no longer be a problem!
Advertisements
Sorry I forgot to update!
If you'll notice -we've had 3 nights of no dowtime (yay!)
I am working hard with our hardware support staff to make some changes - so we never have to have this problem again :)