Advertisements
Advertisements
I think if you read the debates on this one, you will find that the adoptive parents who have taken their children to see this movie were very pleased with the message of adoption. I will be taking my children to see this. From what I understand, the whole moral of the story was that that through disappointments and trials, the best situation works itself out. Eventhough the main character was rejected so many times, he ended up with the right parents in the end. These were the parents that could love and accept him for who he was. Isn't this how our adoptions really are? We wait, we hit road blocks, and climb over mountains, and nothing happens when we want it too, but we end up with the perfect child for our family. As I looked around the White Swan at all the precious babies, there was not one that appealed to me more than the one in my arms. And since being placed with us, I have come to realize that I would have waited forever just for the chance to be her mom. So, I'm going to take the lead of the young adoptees who have already seen the movie, and said that "it warms my heart to see that he ends up with the perfect family in the end."