Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
Although husband and I can have kids, we decided we would like to adopt 2 older girls (2 up to 10yo).
We fear going to foster care system because we have heard a lot about the issues that kids who go through foster care have... We thought that probably an open adoption where the child was never placed in foster care would be less hurtful for the child, and easer on everyone involved.
My question is: is there any agency specific for this situation (I really don't want a baby... I wanted a child older than 2 or 3, and up to 10yo)?
Every agency I look for in my area offers either foster care or baby domestic adoption....
Also, do you have any idea how much this kind of agency would cost? We are both professionals (he is a middle school teacher and I am a pediatric physical therapist), but I would not like to pay a fortune in an adoption process. Of course my future kids are worth anything but when I see agencies charging 10.000, 20.000 etc, I feel like they are selling me a child... don't know... I know it is not buying, but when I think of it, It feels like... I'd rather put this money through college fund....
If anyone has a place to indicate, and informations, I would dearly appreciate!!!
thanks!!!