Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Daycare for foster children depends on the state you live in. In TX another licensed foster home can babysit & I was able to submit 3 "emergency" backup people that had to get background checks & agree to the policy & procedures of the agency. If a foster home is full they won't want to watch your kids too. (from my experience) & if they do want to watch your children (w/ a full house) the children aren't getting the attention they deserve.
I wouldn't buy a bigger vehicle for the intention of transporting foster children. I'd start w/ 1 or 2 at the most if you haven't had any palcements. I know for initial lisencing you need reliable transportation so whatever you have now must be ok w/ your agency.
The stipend is strictly for the children - they would benefit from a larger vehicle if there are a lot of children but kids are EXPENSIVE - I wouldn't buy anything until you know what your getting (toddler bed, crib, diapers, bottles) I have a pack & play on hand & the extra bed in the spare room - you don't know what you'll get or what that child needs. Your electric bill will skyrocket & they need clothes, shoes, food ect... you get the point. You have to buy these things up front & wait a long time for reimbursement-I wouldn't obligate myself to a car note for what you "may" get. The $$ is for the childrens basic needs which eat up the entire stipend.