Advertisements
Advertisements
There is a great attorney in Weatherford that helped us with Anthony. If you would like I will PM you her information.
Advertisements
Cheryl, I believe that if both parents went on a visit trip the your child comes home on an IR-3 and is a US citizen. An IR-4 is for parents who did not visit. I think you, in your case, have to readopt for a name change and to get a your states birth certificate. At least that is what I have been told. In our case we did not visit and our daughter came home on an IR-4 and in the state of Ohio, and our county, we have to wait 1 year to readopt and do a name change. After all of this then I will apply for her CoC. I am sure your will find the anwer on this forum.
I think we have the same agency...if so, it is my understanding that they offer quite a bit of help if you live in TX. May want to call and ask anyway!
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We used an attorney from San Antonio, Tx for the readoption and loved her. We picked up our son with an IR -3 visa, stopped in CA for a week to get him a passport and medical check up and then I took him to where we currently live overseas. The following summer we did a readoption in San Antonio TX, loved our attorney and it went very smoothly. PM me if you would like her contact information.
Dee Dee
I'm no help for IR-4 in Texas...but everything you need to know (and more!) for readoption/reaffirmation of your child that came home on an IR-3 visa in Texas I spelled out in the thread below. As mentioned, if you both visited before case was completed, your child came home on IR-3. (Doing it yourself is very affordable and no problem.) Just thought I'd put the link on this thread because I know the topic gets searched for from time to time and there may be some others from Texas who this would help!
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/guatemala-adoption/322212-re-adoption-texas.html?highlight=texas+reaffirmation[/url]
<3
Advertisements