Advertisements
Advertisements
Knittygirl,
I just wanted to reach out to say thank you for starting this thread. Reading through your journey and that of other posters here has been immensely helpful in navigating my own feelings about my father’s announcement of a daughter born 15 years before I was (which rocked me to my core as being the first born daughter had always been so central to my identity). I have been feeling confused, bitter, scared, resentful, jealous, curious, angry, and a multitude of other emotions, and have had difficult sorting through these feelings and my guilt over having them when of course his other daughter deserves a place in his life. I deeply admire your willingness to share your story, and particularly your thoughtful, clear responses to feedback which was not always generous to you. Your sharing of your experiences, and engagement with this feedback, has helped me process so much. I feel much more at peace with my emotions knowing I’m not alone in them. Thank you for giving me this comfort in a time of deep emotional upheaval. <3
1 Liked
 likes this.