Advertisements
Advertisements
Can anyone give me information on who to contact and/or the process for readoption in Austin Texas? The child came home on an IR3 visa, but they want to do a legal name change and get a state issued birth certificate. Is it necessary to readopt there to do a name change and get a BC?
Thanks in advance!!
Advertisements
We did a recognition of Foreign Adoption and did it alone.
You can fill out the forms yourself - go to a district court and testify in front of the judge - they will sign the order and it is done. There is language in the document that has a place to enter in the child's new name. Someone actually posted detailed instructions on it. Try a search for the thread - I think they even included the text for the documents.
Thanks for giving me the kick to look it up instead of being lazy and just asking the question. ;)
For the person who asked me to post this, here is the thread I think TXTennis is talking about. It seems to cover EVERYTHING.
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/guatemala-adoption/322212-re-adoption-texas.html?highlight=recognition+foreign+adoption+Texas[/url]
(And thanks for the bumps you dance_muffin and smilelaughlearn!)
Debbie, thanks for asking this since we have majorly slacked on readopting!! I'm glad to have some info to go on, so I was glad I stopped in and saw this thread!!!
Advertisements