Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm just beginning the adoption process, and I'm trying to get some idea of how long I can expect the homestudy process to take. Would anyone like to share their experience? I plan to adopt from foster care using a public agency.
I am sure you got this figured out by now, but the home study is really not a big deal. They give you a list of what paperwork they need, look around the house. check smoke detectors, fire safety, etc. Not a big deal at all. They mostly are checking for running water, electricity, etc.
Advertisements
By the way, I am a single mom too, just starting the adoption process. Let me know where you stand. Would love to meet another single mom going through the system. I actually wanted just to foster. When it came time for the Termination of rights and they wanted an adoptive resource I panicked because I knew I could not let him go. I asked for them to give me some time to think things over. I did, and it came down to the fact that I could not see life without him. :)
*sneaks in all quiet like, grabs a bean bag chair, and munches some yummi ice creme then raises her hand* Umh...I`m in Ashland, which is like...way up there where southern WI people don`t know exist. The social worker in my area is real nice woman, I`m just not ready ready yet, but I`m ready. Let me explain that. MmMm ice creme. Anywho...emotionally I`m ready, physically I`m ready, I just need a good enough home. I live with my dad, and fiance` in a teeny duplex where the landlady thinks nobody is as good as her and nit picks everything. She also hates anyone younger than her. But anyways...we are only planning to stay here another 2 years, and it`s hard to find a place to keep pets. I thought about doing a lease option to buy and know of a good property but...there are no jobs here. Fiance` is in Tech College and I`m doing online school soon. My credit is shot due to medical bills not being paid by a health insurance I had in the past and his credit is shot due to his physcotic mother using his name to buy big toys. IE. John Deere Lawnmower. So, if I can find a job then we`re set. And crazy as it sounds, I thought about doing a sibling group of 5. But it depends on the age limit, if there is one with us both being 25. Is there any? The eldest is 11.
Other suggestions are always helpful. We do intend to move to southern Missouri once we find business funding for a horse farm.
-Leila & James, furmom of Fizz the guinea pig, who swears he`s human-:clap: