Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Appalachian Lullaby by Nicolette Larson. It references "the sky in your eyes and the sun in your hair" which might need to be changed depending on the child's features. A sample can be heard on Amazon.
Sample lyrics:
"I have just one wish for you: may your every dream come true.
Sleep my baby, the angels keep you from harm, and your Father above cradles you in his love, safe and warm.
Sleep my baby, nestled in your mama's arms. Sleep my baby. The angels keep you from harm."
Nicolette Larson's From the Moment I Saw You would also be appropriate. It doesn't reference babies so it can be used at any age.
Why Walk When You Can Fly? by Andrew Peterson which I found on YouTube is very encouraging.
Thank Heaven For Little Girls by Rosemary Clooney. It references girls of 5 or 6 or 7 growing up in delightful ways.
You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Store
You Belong To My Heart (Solamente Una Vez) as seen in Three Caballeros
I Don't Want to Live on the Moon by Shawn Colvin with Elmo
The Thankfulness Song from the VeggieTales alternates between the child and the mother expressing thankfulness for each other as well as other things
Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney
My Guy by Mary Wells
Cheek to Cheek by Fred Astaire isn't a lullaby, but a good excuse to dance with and have physical contact with a child of any age
A Father's Love by George Strait
Wenn Du Bei Mir Bist by Wolfgang Petri
Say a Little Prayer for You
Ain't No Mountain by Marvin Gaye would be a good one for a child to associate with you when he gets out in the world, which would require singing it regularly before then
That's all I can think of right now to promote attachment.