Advertisements
Advertisements
A summary of my horror story of adoption....
I was adopted out by my birth mother when I was 4 because she couldn't handle raising my brother and I with her wife-beating husband who did nothing but drink, watch football, and beat her. My dad tried to kill right in front of my 2 times.
The adoption agency clearly didn't vet my parents properly because they were the worst parents ever. Right wing christian fundamentalists. I was 4 and my brother was 7. Right after the adoption was signed off on, the abuse happened almost instantly. My brother was beaten (not disciplined) nearly every day for every tiny issue. I was forced into becoming an innocent bystander to it all. Sitting in the living room when I could hear my brother yelling in pain from the bedroom on the opposite side of the house was extremely traumatizing. I wont go into the horrific details as they're enough to make sane person vomit, but lets just say the basis of the abuse was around Christians and the "spare the rod" attitude. They wouldn't stop until we were wailing in pain and bruised. That's what these parents considered "proper". Then, at least with me, my dad decided to indulge his secret desires that he clearly told no one about and repeatedly groped me while I was bent over the bed. This happened several HUNDRED times. They even used boarding school punishment on us and "slapped" our hands with a kitchen spatula 3 times on each hand HARD! This was all when I was around 8 and it continued until I was around 12. The agreement they made with my bio mother was that religion would NOT be forced on us. Out the window that went. Bible reading every night, going to church every week without fail. My dad even threw me outside for an hour after having an argument in my mid teens in the cold because he got upset that I was being supposedly obstinate.
Personally I'm tired of the narrative that adoption is this "loving choice" and is a supposed perfect solution to everything. Its so not.