Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Ripples,
I too was thrilled to see adoption in the census because that is what the government uses to allocate services and types to specific locales...I could not for the life of me understand the uproar it caused...
I do think there should be education in the schools about it be also there is a fine line as well. I don't think they should take out for instance the creation of family trees etc but perhaps have some options for recognising all families are not two parents living together....personally if I had been given a family tree to do in school it would have been filled out using the family I lived with and would not have given it a second thought. But with divorce, open adoptions, same sex parents (can't think of the term) there needs to be a more flowing set of requirements to a family tree...perhaps that has been done but I am not sure it would be universal.
As to understanding the underlying differences with adoptees there is so much to be done - each sub-type of adoptees have different challenges etc. I was just thinking about how much John Q Public needs to understand about adoption (see my vent thread)...
Great topic...
D