Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Meth babies.
Im doing respite for another foster family for a few weeks. Both her baby and mine were born possitive for meth. I thought it be nice to post for new foster parents of how different and similar these babies are. The babies are one month apart, but since mine is older I can compare how she was when she was a month younger.
As I said both babies were born possitive for meth.
My baby was 4lbs at birth-hers was 7lbs none are premie.
My baby suffers tremors-hers does not.
My baby is very floppy. You pick her up and she is like melted marshmellow and just melts on you. Her baby is stiff. Hard to dress her and change diapers since she is so stiff.
My baby has her arms spread out and up. When I hold her she looks like a doll with her arms out. She is still easy to dress due to her not being stiff. Her baby has her arms in on her chest (normal), but stiff (not normal).
My baby has relaxed legs (normal). Her baby has frog legs. The are very spread out and bent up again very stiff and hard to put diaper on.
Both babies have torticollis (tight muscle on the neck). My baby's head goes to the right and forward. This causes her to not able to lift her head well since her musles are pulling the head down. Her baby has it to right back. Her head goes to the back and easier to lift head.
Both babies suffer of diarreah.
Both babies eat 4-5oz every 3-4 hours. My baby will gulp down the bottle, needs no burping, never spits up and has no tummy aches. Her baby drinks very slow, trouble sucking, have to burp her every ounce and they come out loud and huge and smelly, she alwasy spits up a lot and after has tummy ache.
My baby gained more weight and is very chubby. Her baby has not and is very thin.
My baby is pretty happy baby. Loves to be held, yet happy to be on the floor with her toys. Only cries when she is hungry and tired. Her baby is fussy, cries a lot, even when you hold her.
Both babies love to chat. I swear they are complaining to eachother about me.
Both babies love to be swaddled and both love the swing (thanks to foster mom she brought hers).
Both babies sleep well at night (thank god). They both get up only once at night.
Both babies are developmentally delayed and get therapy.
That all I can think of right now. I just wanted to share for those new ones. These are some things to look out for, but remember every baby is different and meth can affect them differently.