Advertisements
Advertisements
HI,
I just want to wish you best of luck. I have two girlfriends who are single moms, havent met Mr. right yet and decided to take the plunge and now are parenting. One is even looking to adopt a second one to give her little one a younger sibling. Both work too.
Like Sak, there are many ways to build a family. For medical reasons I went the adoption route, but I was thinking about surrogacy for a bit, but the price is a lot and also like you mentioned, why not give a home to a child who already exists and needs one instead of creating an extra child? Each person has to build his or her family as he/she sees fit. What may be right for one may not be for another. In fact my girlfriend who adopted wants to adopt again, even though she probably could undergo a pregnancy, she chooses not to. So you are in good company.
If you own a home you may look into a home equity line a credit which you pay back over time. This is what we did. I know other families choose to do fundraising but I dont have experience with this route and I dont know how much money you recoup from fundraising.
I wish you the best, keep us posted on your progress.
Amy K, NJ