Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am considering becoming a foster parent which is what has brought me here today. I have a lot of questions but, the first one I ask could very well be the last one I ask. I read a couple of threads/replies that had to do with background checks where hopeful foster parents had misdemeanor issues that very well could prevent them from foster parenting. My story...In 1994 I was arrested for possession of a C/S a felony of course. I was guilty, addicted and a mess. I voluntarily admitted myself into an in-patience treatment center. I completed that, then attended a 2 year after care program and have been clean and sober ever since. It was the first and only time I have been in any type of trouble, with the exception of minor traffic violations. I was placed into the foster care system at the age of 3 but, due to what I consider a flaw in the system, was reunited with my father who had been given full custody. I would have been better off in that flawed system. So...can anyone shed some light on a dark subject? Should I pursue something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember...or should I stop before I even start? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated... :thanks: and GOD BLESS you all