Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking for my biological brother who was given up for adoption by my mother when I was barely a year old. I know that he was born in September 1989 in Toledo, OH. I know that his first and middle name are Andrew Joseph, but my mother was never given his adoptive parents last name.
I would love to come into contact with my brother and would greatly appreciate any help that anyone could give.
Thank you!
In a closed-end adoption in the state of Ohio, identifying information may be accessed if the birth parent of an adult birth sibling has signed a release. If the birth parent's parental rights were voluntarily terminated during the adoption process and the birth parent signs a release, the adopted person may access the original birth certificate. Once it is determined the birth parent has released identifying information in a closed-end adoption, in the state of Ohio the adoptee must contact the Ohio Department of Health for the adoption documents. In the request, the adoptee must also include an Affidavit of Adoption as well as a check for $20 for processing fees.
Ohio Department of Health
Attn: Special Arrangements
Vital Statistics
35 East Chestnut St.
P.O. Box 15098
Columbus, OH 43215-0098
Also use sites like Radaris.com and peekyou.com
Advertisements