Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Safe Surrender?
alys1
Haven't had the experience, know someone who adopted a baby thru safe surrender. Eventually the biomom became known -- tho I don't mean to imply that would always happen. (And biomom still didn't want to parent baby, she was steadfast on that.) I just mean to imply that sometimes you might get some identifying info, even if rarely.
You could make a really cool book for your child, based on their appearance. "We think your mom looked like this (insert pic real person), and did this! (insert mom w/ chef's hat in France). Or maybe your mom looked like this... (insert person pic), and did this! (insert drawing or collage of mom on a ship in the ocean getting ready to go say hi to some penguins in Antarctica). Or maybe mom did this! Mom taming a wild mustang in Montana. Grab a few more careers... scientist, librarian, teacher, bowing in front of a huge crowd in a giant concert hall in front of orchestra with cello/flute/bassoon... or whatever careers you think would be fun, and/or appeal to you, and/or fit with your family's interests.
Anyway, all things that give an impression of a wonderful mom, someone anyone would be proud of. At the end you might have a space to dream up more things mom might've been doing -- when baby is a bit older, you could play that game together. "I think mom was on a rocket ship and lived on the space shuttle!" "I think your mom sailed a tiny boat over to Africa so she could ride across the desert on a camel." "I think my mom was a ranger in the forest!" "I think your mom got a job where she could cook for people who were too old to cook for themselves."
If you're not the creative type, find someone to create it... theoretically now you have extra $$ that you'll be spending on baby later. :-)
Seems to me creating a fantasy such as these would not be a healthy choice. While it is a creative idea in theory, just rubs me the wrong way and doesn't in any way benefit the child . . .