Advertisements
Advertisements
As a reunited adoptee, I know it is a courageous decision to decide to search. I hope and pray that your search is short and that any reunion brings you joy. But we all know there could be other results. But, at a minimum, you should be able to get medical information for yourself and your child which should bring you some peace.
My children believed that my reunion was a nice thing for Mom :) but had no effect on their lives. When my daughter had a baby, she wrote to her birth grandparents to thank them for giving her baby a complete medical history. She had no idea how much that meant. My reunion changed my life, for the better.
During your search, try not to read anything into what your bmom did or didn't do. I know it is hard but it is not productive to make assumptions. In my case, my bmom was not computer literate and believed I had died. So she would never have searched. She also had no idea she could update files, even if she thought I was alive. Remember how young your birthmom was and that the thought at the time was to forget everything and it would all be ok.
Good luck and God Speed.
Jill