Advertisements
Advertisements
Just a quick update...
I was on a waiting list for two months before LSS started the search for my Birth Mother. I recieved a call from my case worker on Monday (8-15), and she just gotten off of the phone with my Birth Mother. It was an amazing, wonderful day! I learned that my BMom is alive and wants contact - in time. Mike, my BMom's story is similar to those in, "The Girls Who Went Away".....she was 19 (BDad was 24 and "single and carefree"), and did not know how she would be able to care for a baby by herself. Her dad was an alcoholic and her homelife was very unpleasant. She was "sent away" to have me. My BMom said she has loved me every day since she found out she was pregnant. She did not see me after the birth because she knew she would not let me go. Interestingly, my BFather did see me. My BMom has been married to the same man for a long time, and he knows about me. They have a son (two years younger than me) who does not know. Surrendering me has been a central issue in her life. She has had a lot of guilt and sadness. She said she wanted to contact me for years, but was afraid I would hate her. She is thankful I searched for her, and it has helped to give her some peace....The letter I wrote her was sent to her on Monday, and now the ball is in her court. I will wait until she is ready for contact, although waiting is so hard - especially knowing all that I know now.
When I was told all of this over the phone on Monday, I did not have any emotion - I was in shock. There is no way I was even going to consider that my BMom was alive - much less loved me and wanted contact eventually. When I got off of the phone - I could not stop crying. I cried because I have never - in 42 years -cried about being adopted. Not when other kids were cruel about it - not when I was going through a divorce and my Adoptive Mom insisted on going over the family tree with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins during a visit with them (wow - that hurt), and not growing up with neither of my adoptive parents telling me they loved me. So, I cried all day - the kind of crying from the gut when you have to stop yourself to breath. It was good and needed.
I already feel blessed because I know my BMom loved me, and I know she has gotten some pease - two wonderful gifts...Kris