Advertisements
Advertisements
In our home study (private Christian agency in TX), they began by interviewing my husband and myself together. Then we each had separate interviews where we were asked supremely personal questions such as "Are you happy with your sex life?" Uhhhh...what?!?! I think that, overall, they tried to gauge the stability of our marriage, support system, home life, beliefs on raising kids, community involvement and our own mental stability and willingness to reach out for psychological help if we needed it. If your home study is anything like ours, they will ask every detail of your mental health history (including any and every "psychotropic" medication you are taking...which I'm guessing that most depression/anxiety/etc meds fit that bill). They asked for my Dr. to write a letter stating that the 2 migraine meds I took at the time wouldn't affect my ability to parent, so I'd be ready for them to request a recommendation from your therapist. I didn't get the impression that they were overly strict on what was acceptable for any of these things in particular, but that they just wanted a VERY clear picture of who were are. Stick with the truth, expect tons of invasive questions, just roll with it and you should be fine.