Advertisements
Advertisements
For the past 3 nights in a row, my beloved 6 month old has been waking up at like 1:15 in the morning-- sometimes waking up crying or just plain wide awake, cooing, laughing, and "goofin" off. :) Either way, it seems to be a long struggle til like 3:30 or 4 in the morning. We go from rocking him to sleep, laying him back down, then the moment his lil butt hits the mattress, bam! awake again. And thus this continues for like 2 hours or more of rocking him, having given him a bottle, falling alseep again durin, along with the soothing lullaby cd and soft turtle night light that lights up the ceiling with stars and a moon. He is just bound and determined, he's not goin back down, not without a loooooooooooooooooonnnnngggggg tiresome fight. Almost like he's retreated back to a newborn pattern of sleeping. Now like I say, sometimes he wakes up crying, thus we rock him to sleep, he's asleep, we lay him back down, then bam-AWAKE! and then the long struggle to calm him down continues. Other times, like last night, he wakes up moaning, kind of screaming for us, but then he lays there cooing and "ahhhhing" and playing, scooting himself all over in his crib. But when we try to just leave him be to see if he tires himself out, then he gets frustrated and either cries or moans out in frustration.
Bedtime is usually 8pm. My 2yr old goes down around this time, and it's about this time that the lil guy starts to really fuss cause he wants a bottle and then by the time he's asleep after that and down for the count? 8:30/9pm. I've tried making him wait a little longer to give him his final "bedtime" bottle and will put on "Cat In The Hat." He LOVES this show and is well, my babysitter! :) to do the dishes, throw in a load of laundry...... but this is his "trigger" and he usually quiets down, or instantly tunes in when this is on. So having saved it from the dvr list, I'll replay it. BUT, even though this is his show, he will still fight tooth and nail and will not tolerate waiting for his bedtime bottle, then to bed, no matter how I try to stretch it out.
Feeding--- he was fighting me for a while on baby cereal and jarred food, as where another lil baby I had til he was like 8 months old, practically acted like he was STARVING for it (when I had him). By the time we reached 4 mos of age with him, he loved and practically demanded his food. Our lil guy isn't so crazy about it, even with the yummy flavors out there. ;) But last night he had rice cereal, with banana jarred food mixed in, then finishing the jar after that. This was about 7pm. Then I gave him a 5oz bottle at like 8:06. I figured maybe having a lil more on his tummy, he'd sleep better. Nope! :) Ironic enough, I go from 3rd shift to 1rst to get more sleep. Because of having no basement, especially a furnished one where my husband could have taken the boys downstairs so I could mabe have a more peaceful sleep, trying to get sleep with a crying baby and a screaming 2 yr old outside the bedroom door, was getting to be impossible. However, now that I am on 1RST, the lil stink doesn't want to let it rest then either. Go figure. If I'd had to work today, I'd be a complete mess. Because I think I slept about 3 hours last night. Lil guy had us up off and on from 1-4:30. Even now, you'd think he'd be tired? Oh no. He's wide awake in his cradle glider, watching "Cat In The Hat" and cooing away. Oh and your question might be, "does he nap?" No. Unless he falls asleep in the car seat during errands, he doesn't nap no matter WHAT technique you try. With the glider goin back and forth to the soothing Soundscapes channel, or being rocked in your arms after a nice filling bottle, he won't generally nap no matter how you try.
I'm NOT complaining, rather trying to see if any have been there at this stage with their baby, and is this normal? Or should I have him checked out by his ped. ;) Thanks