Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
:flower: :popcorn: :fish: I too have a older child that has RAD, ADHD, PTSD. We are in the process of adopting him and he has trouble bonding with us. He only call us mom and dad when he wants something. Other then that he address us by MR and Mrs using our first names. Its okay, but we hope that he will eventually bond and call us ma and dad. He says its hard because he have never used those names before. He has been in foster care since he was 2 and do not remember his biological parents. Try to use positive words with your child and embrassing her in front of an audience is only broken her down. It is not helping. Its hard to deal with the children mood swings but we have to keep in mind that it is not their fault they act this way. Being patient and gentle will help. Have cuddle time with the child. My son loves to cuddle with me on the couch watching television and I tickle his feet and he loves it. Another person mention the same thing. It is not your fault. Do not blame yourself. Keep being the good parent you are and it may take longer for her to bond then the other children.Thats okay too. Be patient with her and give her time. Spending time just you and her helps too.