Advertisements
Advertisements
It saddens me to read so many didn't have a good relationship with their mothers. I do think it was more personality than the adoption, because someone very close to me had the same problems with their natural mom.
I was adopted 49 years ago, and guess I was extremely lucky, my amom has been dead for 17 years and I miss her so much sometimes it hurts, She was my best friend. I shared everything with her.
She would listen, be understanding and caring; but she would tell me when I was wrong too. We had our problems when I was a teenager like all my friends with natural moms. I would tell my friends about things my mom and would talk about boys, sex and drugs, and my friends would tell how they couldn't talk to their moms about those things. And how luck I was to have such a cool mom!
She would told me she couldn't talk to her mom like we talked. That's why she wanted me to feel free to come to her. Don't get me wrong, my mom was no push over. She always let me know she was the adult in the situation. But she was open and honest with me about the adoption as well as many other things.