Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Waiting, we adopted DS through a private agency and they barely looked at anything. If we were going with them again I definitely wouldn't be cleaning, and probably wouldn't even declutter or straighten much (although I need to declutter to make room for the baby, so it'll have to happen eventually). So I wouldn't worry about the house being operating-room clean. Maybe talk to them and ask -- we were all nervous and reassured them that we were going right out to buy the crib, etc. and the supervisor said, "Don't worry about all that. All the baby's going to need is a car seat and love. He/she can sleep in a dresser drawer for a few days if necessary." So NOT how CPS does things!
Okay, I just spent the time she would have been here straightening up and sweeping the floor. I'm actually okay with the way it looks (except the mess in the office/baby's room) but I just wondered if I'm being too casual about it. If DS naps today, I'll keep on decluttering what I can, and hopefully will find time this week to dust and mop and really get the house clean and HOPEFULLY keep it that way for a day or two. ;-)