Advertisements
Advertisements
When the memory lamp is turned on the glow of the light fills a dark room with the love of the person who passed.
Advertisements
My grandmother filled out a grandmother's memory book for us (it's similar to a fill in the blank baby book but was designed specifically for grandparents to fill out for their grandkids). If you could find or make something like that I'm sure it would be treasured. written or recorded memories/stories are always meaningful and special. Hand-made items are also great if she is able to knit or sew or paint do any other kind of handy craft or art. My grandmother sewed a lot of things for us (quilts, clothes, doll clothes, stuffed animals -which are good for boys as well) and I treasure them all.
If she's not up to making something than special items from her childhood or adult life and a letter that goes with it telling the story of why it meant so much to her. Or a "replica" of something special from her childhood (maybe she had a special stuffed animal or a favorite book as a child and could pick out a similar one for the baby).