Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Bedtime. Oh my. I'm thinking that 'going to bed' was used as punishment. When you say it's time for bed he immediately starts crying and saying "sorry, sorry, sorry". Putting on PJs is cause for a mini-meltdown.
This is how our 2 yo fd was for the first couple of weeks. I had to repeatedly explain that every day we would have naptime and bedtime. After a couple of weeks she finally got it that it wasn't happening because of being in trouble, it was because her body needed a rest. It helped that every time we had the same calming routine. Good luck! It will get better, it just takes time and consistency.
The very first night when he went to bed he cried and wanted mommy. But, since then, he hasn't asked about her or cried (other than when he was mad about something)
Our fd was like this also. I think if they are used to being passed around to different people, they won't cry for mommy until is sinks in that it's been awhile since he has seen her. Our fd also used to cry for mommy when she was in trouble or didn't get her way. For us, it was the first visit and having to leave mommy to come home with us that we saw true confusion and sadness from her.