Advertisements
Advertisements
It honestly sounds like your mother is doing a decent job, being as you have turned out pretty decent yourself. :) Parenting is scary, and being a single parent is scarier. I would know. I am a 22 year old SINGLE foster mom. I get scared all the time. It seems as if your mother is supportive of you getting your life together. If she is physically able and willing to do so, check into a guardianship situation with her. You would be able to move into your own place and learn to support yourself, while she would then have the authority to care for the children without CPS interference. There are tons of free ways to get help. Check through local churches like the Salvation Army or your local Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They both have programs that can offer counseling, housing assistance, job assistance, and A STRONG SUPPORT NETWORK for free. Good luck, and know that you are not alone. Being young makes parenting more of a challenge, but we are capable. I went from living with my dad while working at subway and being dependent on his help to renting a 5 bedroom house (steadily for almost 2 years now), raising 5 kids over the past year and a half (2 of which I'm still raising- 8yr girl and 11yr girl), buying my first car, and getting the courage to get out of a bad relationship. If I can do it, so can you. :)