Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hydrocephalus affects everyone differently. My 2 year old has hydrocephalus and he is meeting all of his landmarks on schedule and or ahead of schedule. He is extremely smart and his communication skills are a year ahead. I just wanted to share that with you because there is hope, but it affects everyone differently so there is really no way to say how it affects this little one. With that being said, my son has had multiple surgeries due to shunt malfunction, its a scary few days, but not as scary as it may sound, you just need to be informed and watch for it. As far as the immobility I have to wonder if there is an unrelated issue. My little guy also has spina bifida which is why he doesnt walk, Im not an expert but from our situation I dont see hydrocephalus causing an inability to walk so I dont know what to tell you with that except that with a loving family and lots of therapy miracles can and do happen. If you move forward with this little one it is important that you accept him as if he will never walk and then give him every opportunity to reach his potential. My little guy does everything any other 2 year old does, he just does it differently. Good luck! I guess the short answer is listen to your gut on this. :) Let us know how things go. Enjoy the journey.