Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
To be quite frank with you, if you are looking to adopt a newborn baby within one year.... I suggest you reconsider adoption as a whole.
Although I understand that both you and your partner are in your 40s and you want to be a parent before you become "too old", its difficult - if not impossible to predict how long its going to take to adopt a baby. An agency can only give you an estimate for how long the process is going to take and sometimes factors that are outside of your control (your age, the number of children you have, your ethnicity, your budget, how open you are to health risks the baby might have etc.) can greatly affect how long you wait. Although its usually quicker to adopt a Black baby - no agency can guarantee that the wait will be less than one year.
To be honest with you, if you are interested in having a healthy baby in less than one year, I would strongly suggest that you go back to surrogacy. I used fertility treatments twice (I have to update my signature since I have three children now. lol) and adopted once and trust me, the wait times are for adoption are much less predictable than fertility treatments.
Second, I am curious, you mentioned that you are open to all races? If so, why are you only mentioning that you could adopt a Hispanic child from California and some other states. Are you truly open to all racial backgrounds including a "full" African American child?