Advertisements
Advertisements
I agree with the above posters.
Our children have been with us for almost six years now. They are 19 and 18, both in their senior year of high school.
We, too, have had many bad times and they outweigh the good.
My kids are totally different from each other. Both have their issues but the difference is my dd has a heart and my ds does not. I know that sounds cruel, but that is the easiest way to put it.
My ds is extremely selfish, self-centered and lazy. Extremely! He is also a pathological liar and we can't trust him at all. If I was laying on the ground bleeding he would probably step over me and keep moving. He will not do anything for anyone. He is completely unmotivated with his life.
My daughter is the exact opposite. I know that she has motives to some of her actions (like offering to do some extra chores) but she has a loving heart and compassion for people and animals. It makes it so much easier to love her which I do with all my heart.
At this point, we are just tolerating my ds. He, hopefully, will graduate high school in June and will turn 20 in July. If things continue the way they do with him, we are seriously thinking of asking him to move out. We cannot live this way any longer.
They are bio siblings and my dd had it much harder than my ds growing up. She suffered much more abuse and neglect than he did.
I absolutely would do this over again. I hope I have helped my ds in some way and I wouldn't trade anything for my dd. She has turned out to be a beautiful young woman.