Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello all,
I am here just to get my thoughts and feelings out, I don't know anyone going through what I am going through so I thought I'd share what we are going through on this forum. My husband and I just had our orientation last week to adopt through foster care and our first class starts this Monday. We live in St. Johns County but the children we want to adopt are in Pinellas & Pasco County. There are two of them and they are siblings (Boy & Girl).
I know we still have 10 weeks of MAPP classes and home study and even after all that, there is still a chance we might not get approved for whatever reasons even though I am sure we shouldn't have a problem. We are stable financially, we have more than enough room in our home and we don't have criminal records. I just want to know what to expect, and after reading some of the stories, I am actually getting a little depressed that so many have had such horrible experiences. I don't know what it's going to be like to adopt from a different county. Does anyone have any experience adopting from St. Johns County to another?
I honestly don't know what I'm looking for here, I think I just need to get all my thoughts out to those who have been through the system and maybe I just need some reassurance and support that although it will be hard, it will be worth it in the end. We are definitely committed to adopting through the foster care system and we are hoping to get these two siblings but we know we cannot keep our hopes up high because by the time we are done with MAPP they might already be adopted. I forgot to mention that we do not have any children of our own due to infertility which is what we have been going through for the past 3 years. I am 26 years old and I am just exhausted from the whole infertility process, and I just needed a rest from all the treatments. Maybe in a couple years I will start them up again. Until that day my husband and I thought it would be a good idea to adopt and if we have our own children down the road then of course that will be a welcome blessing. We just have so much love to give that it would be a shame for us not share it with a child or children in need of a home, nothing would make us happier.
Well, that's my story in a nutshell. Anyone out there going or have been through something similar that can share their wisdom would be much appreciated because right now I am pretty nervous.
Thanks in advance!
DH: 32
ME: 26 (turning 27 in Dec.)
Adoption Journey-
Orientation: Sep. 24th
1st MAPP Class: Oct. 1st