Advertisements
Advertisements
I have this to say about his teacher...its her problem not yours. It sounds like you have been proactive and tried to put processes in place to help and she isn't doing them. If the issues are bothering her that much then I would think she would make the effort to try and fix it and it sounds like she isn't doing that.
I work very hard with the teachers at school and have a good relationship with them and they know that I back them up at home. But if one isn't willing to discipline and work with me then in my opinion it is their problem to deal with not mine.
We stopped the adderall with Firecracker and within a day or two he was better. Went back to the doctor and started concerta -a 10 mg dose. It has been a lot better but he is still becoming hyper-focused on issues and the doctor said it is common for the meds to unmask some OCD behaviors but it is so much less on the concerta. But he wasn't as attentive as they would like so at the last appt. we upped the dosage to 27 mg.
He started that yesterday and came home from school with a personal paw. These are given by teachers to kids who do something really great at school - they are hard to get. He got one yesterday for completely his classwork for the first time ever!!! We were so excited. I am really hoping this is the right dose. Things are much more bearable at home. On Sat. we didn't give him the medicine...once I realized DH didn't give it to him, we were out and I didn't have it to give and by the time we got home it was too late in the day. And he went back to the old behaviors - not as bad but it helped me see the difference the meds are making.
Things are much more peaceful here. He still isn't perfect but he listens better and is more focused and easier to have conversations with and more willing to learn.