Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Good question. Since our entire dossier...all the originals... is in Russia, already translated and sitting with a judge, I don't think it would be very easy to get all that back and just "transfer". It is going to mean going through that entire paper-chasing process again (although other countries are not likely to have that much paperwork). I just don't think I'm up to that...not to mention the expense. It's not like we are going to "get our money back". Sad, but true, we spent about $30K on this adoption (including visas we purchased for our second trip that never happened), and we just dont have it to do over again. Plus, if we change our immigration approval, that sorta closes the door on our little one in Russia if Russia miraculously opens back up. I'd rather just wait it out. In the meantime we are beginning to look into domestic adoption. Not sure if I want to set myself up for more heartache, but I do still strongly believe that if we have the love and the means to adopt, we should. There are just too many children without parents to not do something about it. Thankfully Russia has no limits to number of children in the house. We will hold out hope forever for our little boy in Russia. Even if we adopt more children domestically in the meantime, we will always have a place for him.