Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Well, we just got home from the bday visit with mom. My husband and I agreed to buy a mini cake and a little number 3 candle for mom's time with bday boy and his little bro. She requested the visit be at Chucky Cheese, so we assumed she was going to be ready for the expense. Sure enough, half way through the visit she finds my husband and tells him the boys are hungry and want pizza. My husband just tells her "we gave them a snack before we left, so if they don't get pizza here they should be ok until we get home." Her response, "but I told them they would get pizza." My hubby just shrugged and walked off to the next video game he wanted to play.
Yes, I do feel sorry for mom, but I am not going to open that door. We bought the cake, extended the visit and extra hour and made sure the kiddos had something in their stomach before the visit.
We didn't "hover" at all during the visit. We wanted her to feel comfortable, so we just pretended to be another totally seperate party at Chucky Cheese so others wouldn't catch on to what was going on. We've shown this woman respect, given privacy and accommodated her visit requests. I sure as heck hope she doesn't continue to try to manipulate us.
There were a few things at the visit that I did witness from across the room which I will have to start another thread about.
Thank you guys so much for your feedback. It is nice to learn from you all how you respond to manipulative behavior so that I can use your tools.