Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: baby registry
Hi!
We just went thru the prepping and have our first placement now. We are foster/adopt 0-2 and our fd is a 5 month old.
If your home study is anything like ours was we had to have the room for our intended fk's fully outfitted as though they would be pulling a baby out of the trunk as soon as they were done with the inspection. In fact the only action item we had on our home study correction plan was that I needed to take the baby clothes out of the crib.
I would second (or would that be 3rd) Craigslist as a resource. One of the things I did was place an ad letting folks know of my intentions as a future foster parent and offering to trade my professional photography services for some of the larger ticket items I needed.
Also be sure to check the free stuff section regularly and be ready to run when something good turns up.
Also, if you do buy or receive any used items be sure to check the Internet for any recall notices.
Oh and another tip, check with your local highway patrol as most offer free car seat checks to ensure that your car seat is safely installed and some even have car seats available free of charge.
As for the clothes, you don't need to have an entire wardrobe available for every age and gender but if you can get about a weeks worth of each size/gender especially night clothes so you don't have to rush out when a child shows up unexpectedly.
You might also want to have some diapers, a can of formula and some baby bottles in a couple of different styles.
Hope that helps!
Take care, help lots of people and have a wonderful day!