Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello all,
Any large families out there fostering sibling groups? We have 4 kids aged 18,16,12, and 7 and we are in the process of getting a sibling group of 3 - foster/adopt. Are we crazy!?! I know, I know, yes we are. Any stories or others out there doing this? I feel like we could be great for a sibling group because we have extra hands and attention, my older kids are great with kids and are looking forward it. The kids coming are 5,3, and 1.
Advertisements
I always say were all a little crazy , right??? I have 10 kids, 8 still at home. 5 bios, 3 adopted from foster care, and two foster babies under a year. I love my big crazy life. My older kids really make the difference for our family. My advice to you would be to make time for the older kids. Thank them often. Try to keep as many things the same as before the new kids. Activities and friends ect. I never take all the kids to my daughters 4h. That is time she and I spend together that is for her. The first month is the hardest even if it is just one more. I also take my teens to a fun girls night out whenever we can. Congrats and good luck.
1 Liked
 likes this.