Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi, my husband and I have 3 biological angel babies. Our first son was born prematurely in 2006 and our twins were born in 2008. They all 3 passed away. After losing our twins we made the decision that we could not go through that again.
We entertained the idea of fostering and adopting. We found out quickly that we could not afford to do a private adoption. We were very intimidated by the process of becoming foster parents. We talked about it but never fully committed.
In 2018 my mom called us to ask if we would be willing to take placement of my cousin's baby. We agreed and started the process not knowing how our lives were going to change.
We did foster parent training. Learned all about the ICPC and the process. We began our visits with the baby. After 9 months he was placed with us. Then the social work called to see if.we would take his baby brother that was going to be born that September. We agreed and started our process over again once he was born. TPR happened and we started the adoption process. Last May the social work called again to see if I knew my cousin was pregnant again. I did not but we agreed to take this baby as well. The process this time has been a little crazier due to Covid. We should have him placed with us soon.
We have heard comments that people couldn't love a child the same that was not biologically theirs. We have people tell us we are doing a great thing for these babies.
I fell in love with all three of my babies before I ever saw them for the first time.
We love our boys and dont look at it as we arw doing some type of a service.
Your family and friends may not understand. I say if you decide to forego having biological kids, there is nothing wrong with that.
We have couple friends that are unable to have kids and they started fostering and gooing to adopt. They love the 3 they have now just as much as if they were biological.
Kids are easy to love they just need someone to do it. You may get hurt in the process. People who decide to go through pregnancies get hurt also. Nothing is guarenteed. You have to make the decision thats best for you and not let others influence.
Our family is very supportive. Once we get this baby adopted we will continue to foster for our county. There are a lot of kids who need a safe home and someone to care and love them.