Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi All,
I really appreciate this forum. My twin brother found our Birth Father via a DNA search on Ancestry but we cant find birth mother. Her name is Gail (or gayle) Robbins. She was in the Air Force as was my birth father Myke (Michael) Reid. We think they were both born in 1953. She was in Carson, Ca at some point. We were born twins Helen & Roby Robbins in Los Angeles at Cedars of Lebanon (now known as Cedar Sinai) in 1974.
As we understand it, they knew each other only a short time while serving in the Military. Come to find out, when he saw her again she had already given us up for adoption without his knowledge or permission. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, based on the short time they knew one another he cant provide us with much information.
Advertisements
You've got her full name, finding her should be incredibly easy to DIY.
Look through public records, facebook, linkedin, likely hometown school yearbooks (thus finding her family or other ways to find her), etc. It would take a decent PI probably a few weeks, if not days, to find her if you hired one. Still, couldn't take long to look through FB and public records of her likely hometown to get previous and- often- current addresses.
You've got her full name, finding her should be incredibly easy to DIY.
Look through public records, facebook, linkedin, likely hometown school yearbooks (thus finding her family or other ways to find her), etc. It would take a decent PI probably a few weeks, if not days, to find her if you hired one. Still, couldn't take long to look through FB and public records of her likely hometown to get previous and- often- current addresses.
Im unclear how to respond to you captain obvious...I kidd... but your suggestion is rather obvious...No?. Ofcourse we have tried all options before reaching out for assistance. Clearly you're new here and don't realize this is not a joke. Her name is very common. There was a popular celebrity with the same name that was alive during this time. Hopefully, someone else that takes this serious could respond with actual help. Thank you though!
Hi Malika. I found my birth families on Ancestry DNA. My father was easy to find but never even knew my mom was pregnant. My mom was harder, took me a few months and many hours. I may be able to help you. PM me.
Hi Malika. I found my birth families on Ancestry DNA. My father was easy to find but never even knew my mom was pregnant. My mom was harder, took me a few months and many hours. I may be able to help you. PM me.
Hi Marissa,
I do think Im not sending messages properly. It only allows me to edit your message it seems. I cant pm until were friends so I sent you a request. Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi Malika
My name is Brittnee, I am reaching out from TLC’s highly regarded docu-series, Long Lost Family, that traces and reunites family members. We are currently looking at potential cases for our upcoming season and we would love to hear about your search if you are still looking. Our information is on the attached flyer, which I have attached to this post. I am happy to answer any questions you may have and can be reached at the phone number below or through our email address LongLostFamilyUSA@gmail.com. 
Thank you!
Brittnee
Long Lost Family
Shed Media
323-904-4680
Attachments
Long Lost Family Flyer.jpg (178.14 kb, 47 views)
Hi Brittnee,
Thank you so much for your email. We actually did end up finding both parents but have not yet gotten together with them. It sure would have been nice to have been part of your series.
Good luck reuniting families...What a great job you have!