Advertisements
Advertisements
It's been a long time since I've been here, probably 8 years. I got P when she was 6. She had trauma, PTSD, etc. When her adopting was finalized (through the foster care system) I said she could have contact with her birth family. She knew them and knew where they live. Fast forward, she is 17, we never really bonded, despite counseling. Her baby biological sister came 9 years ago. Baby T and I have a great relationship bc she came when she was 6 weeks old. She got pregnant with her boyfriend in March, hid it from me for 5 months. She is a mess. She recently went to see her birth father who filled her head with "she is not your mother, but I am your birth father." His parental rights were terminated at adoption. So her birth father is still a jerk. Can't get a driver's licence bc of too many DUI's and is on probation for a year for selling cocaine at a local musicfest this past summer. So she moved out in with her boyfriend. Told me I am not her mother and I ruined her life. She wants me to have no contact with her son who is due in 2 weeks. So, until she turns 18, what are my responsibilities for her. I did not kick her out. I told she she can come back if she treats me and her sister with respect. She doesn't have to love us, but the arguing with her is now affecting T who is 9. I need help.....
Advertisements