Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi! I'm a single (first time) adoptive parent living in Virginia trying to decide between agencies, it's all very overwhelming... I know not to go with facilitator type places and I (think) I've filtered them out. Right now the top three are Barker, Children's Home Society, and Path for Families. They're all licensed to place in Virginia. Another thread I looked through suggested to look at surrounding states... but how does that work legally?
I know there are "national agencies" but I'm not sure who they are and how they work, there seems to be VERY little information online. I'd like to cast a wide net and do not mind traveling to adopt. It's very confusing how it all works so any guidance would be great!
I also know the option to work with a lawyer is available, but the success rate seems slim?
Bottom line: any advice on agencies either in Virginia or nationally that are reputable, successful, and hopefully not bank-breaking would be greatly appreciated. Navigating this on my own has been hard work!
Thanks!