Advertisements
Advertisements
I was adopted from an orphanage in Calcutta. I have been told that it is an impossibility to ever find out
who my parents are. Does anyone know of any places that
do international searches? How do I live my life not knowing who I really am?
Advertisements
Who your birth parents are does not make you who you are.(One of my sons b-moms was teaching him the proper techique for killing people with a knife before he was four). You take the pieces you know and the values you've learned to live now for who you are. Maybe you could visit the orphanage you were in and learn about the circumstances and the people during the time you were there. I have two foriegn born children who's chances of tracing their birth families is slim to none also. I'm being very careful to keep as much info as I have for them, but its not enough. I wasn't adopted and though I feel empathy for your situation, I really don't know haw it feels.
:confused: Did you have adopted parents, if you did im assuming they were loving people, to say that you dont know who u are is disrespectfull to them, we humean are not just who made us, we are a sum of the whole of our life experiences, I undersatand your urge to find your birth parents, but really they had to love you a lot to put you up for adoption in the US knowing you would have a much better life, but really think about all the experiences in your life, the values u were taught, thats who u are HEY JUST MY OPINION
WERE YOU ADOPTED FROM SOUTH ASIA?
Interested in tracing your roots?
Raw TV would love to hear from people who were adopted from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India that have grown up in the UK for a brand new BBC documentary series.
If you're thinking of returning to your country of birth to trace your roots, please email us today to find out more... ADOPTION@RAW.CO.UK
I was adopted from an orphanage in Calcutta. I have been told that it is an impossibility to ever find out
who my parents are. Does anyone know of any places that
do international searches? How do I live my life not knowing who I really am?
I highly recommend registering at ISRR.org and taking an Ancestry DNA test. Please keep us updated on your search.
Advertisements